Featured Blog Posts
This Biggest Loser Resort sandwich is proof that vegetarian is far from boring.
Per serving: 237 calories, 9 grams fat, 10 grams protein, 32 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams dietary fiberYield: Serves 5
- 5 Orowheat sandwich thins
- 10 slices on-the-vine organic red tomatoes
- 5 slices on-the-vine organic orange tomatoes
- 5 slices on-the-vine organic yellow tomatoes
- ¾ c. Lisanatti Soy-Sation 3 cheese blend-cheddar, jack & mozzarella
- 1 ¼ Haas® avocado, sliced ¼”, 3 slices per sandwich
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs mixed with extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ red onion, sliced at 1/8”
- 1 ¼ cup roasted red & yellow peppers dice ¼”
- 2/3 cup Watercress
- ¾ cup fitness ridge pesto
- ¼ cup reduced balsamic vinegar
- Begin by turning on the flat grill and setting the temperature to 375 degrees. Toast both sides of the sandwich thin until they are golden brown and have a nice crispy feeling.
- Begin making the herb oil by combining chopped herbs with extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice tomatoes and place each color on separate large sheet pans. Shingle the tomato slices on the sheet pans. Pour herb oil over the tomatoes. Allow tomatoes to marinate in herb oil for a minimum of 30 minutes. Place tomato sheet pans into the refrigerator.
- To build the sammie, begin with 3 tablespoons of soy cheese per sandwich. Next add 1/8 cup of watercress followed by 1 onion ring slice, ¼ cup of roasted peppers and 3 avocado slices. Next, add 2 red tomatoes, 1 orange tomato and 1 yellow tomato.
- Lightly drizzle the pesto over the Sammie and finish with a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Source: Biggest Loser Resort