Watermelon Honeydew Kabobs with Dressing
Enjoy fresh summer melons on these easy kabobs.
Yield: 24 Skewers
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2-3 pound honeydew melon, halved, seeded
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 24 6-inch bamboo skewers
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl
- Gradually whisk in oil
- Using large melon-baller, scoop out 72 balls of honeydew
- Using 1 1/4-inch round fluted cookie cutter, cut out 48 rounds from watermelon slices
- Alternate 3 honeydew balls and 2 watermelon rounds on each skewer
Note: This can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover dressing and kabobs separately; chill. Serve kabobs with dressing.