Unreal Candy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
A healthier for you oatmeal cookie featuring Unreal chocolate candy shells
Per cookie: 143 calories, 7.6 grams fat, 3.3 grams saturated fat, 53 mg sodium, 16.5 grams carbohydrates, 1.4 grams fiber, 7.2 grams sugar, 3.6 grams protein
Yield: 16 cookies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup salted natural crunchy peanut butter*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 packet Unreal Chocolate Candy Shells (or 1/4 cup similar chocolate candies)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and stir again. Then add baking soda, flax seed and stir.
- Add flours and stir. Last, stir in the oats, chocolate candies and chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for a bit in the fridge and then scoop it onto a parchment-lined (optional) baking sheet. The cookies should be one inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, taking them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked-looking on top.
- Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container to ensure freshness.
Notes * If not using salted peanut butter, add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt depending on your preference.