Tex Mex Dip
A party favorite without the guilt.
Yield: Serves 12 guests
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2- 16oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 16oz. can refried beans
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning mix
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. salsa seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped onions, green pepper, tomatoes (as desired)
- Shredded lettuce and reduced-fat cheese (as desired)
- Corn or tortilla chips
- Brown beef or turkey, drain.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil; simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Top with sour cream, vegetables, and cheese. Serve with chips.