Salad of Green Papaya with Peanut and Grilled Shrimp
A light and satisfying dinner by Curtis Stone from Biggest Loser.
Per Serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 5 g, Sat Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Total Carb 6 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 18 g
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high heat.
- Using a Japanese mandolin, cut the papaya into long thin strips.
- Place the lime juice in a large bowl and gradually whisk in both of the oils. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the papaya, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, and chile with enough of the dressing to coat and allow to marinate in the dressing.
- In a separate large mixing bowl toss the shrimp with the garlic, cilantro and oil and mix well.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill to a plate.
- To serve, mound the salad onto the center of 4 serving plates.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and cilantro, then divide the shrimp equally among the plates atop the salads.
- Drizzle a little of the remaining dressing over and around the salads and serve.
Source: Curtis Stone for Biggest Loser