Post-Workout Ice Cream Sandwich
Try a Post Workout Ice Cream Sandwich, a healthy indulgence without ruining your diet.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 tbs of coconut oil, liquified (or sub canola)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan)
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Pint of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple Ice cream or another light vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas in a large bowl, then add peanut butter, baking powder, oil, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla.
- Add oats and flour and mix well. If the mixture seems too wet, add more flour.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat and drop cookies by spoonfuls 1 inch part.
- Bake for 15 minutes or slight more, until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack for at least one hour.
Ice Cream Sandwich Instructions
- Scoop small amounts onto one upside-down Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie, top with another cookie, and then press down.
- Wrapping in plastic wrap and refreezing to set is optional if you're making several. Or make them as you go and serve immediately.