Peter's Grill Vegetable Soup
Loaded with fresh vegetable goodness! Suitable for Diabetics too!
Per Serving: 45 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium
Yield: Serves 6 (1 cup serving)
- 1/2 c. onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. carrots, diced
- 1/2 c. potatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar substitute
- 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 5 c. water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs or dried herbs of your choice
- Coat a large pot with nonstick spray. Add onions, celery, carrots and potatoes and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar substitute, frozen vegetables and water or broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and fresh or dried herbs to taste if desired.
Note: Feel free to add any other vegetables of choice like cabbage, squash or zucchini.
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com