Papaya and Avocado Salad with Danish Blue Cheese and Walnuts
A fresh, seasonal salad ripe with complementary sweet and tangy flavors.
Per Serving (incl. cheese): 299 Calories, 8g Protein, 14g Carbohydrate, 14g Fat, 5g Fiber, 17mg Cholesterol, 354mg Sodium
Yield: Serves 6
- 6 cups mesclun (mixed baby salad greens)
- 1 large papaya
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 4 ounce Danish blue cheese, crumbled*
- 1/2 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. herbes de Provence
*Total vegetarians may omit the Danish blue cheese in this recipe.
- Clean mesclun leaves and place 1 cup on each salad plate.
- Peel and slice avocado into thin wedges. Cover with lemon juice for 5 minutes then drain.
- Peel and slice papaya into thin wedges. Arrange papaya wedges and avocado wedges alternately on top of the mesclun.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Danish blue cheese and walnuts.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and herbes de Provence together. Drizzle 2 teaspoons atop each salad.
- Chill until serving time.
Source: Sharon Palmer, RD