Low Carb Pancakes
Enjoy your pancakes even on a low-carb diet.
Per Serving: 241.5 calories, 10.5 g fat, 31.5 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 135 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium
Yield: Serves 2
- 1/3 cup milk and egg protein powder
- 1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. light cream
- 1 Tbs. water
- 2 packets artificial sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon pancake mixture into pan. (Make large or small pancakes according to your preference)
- Cook over medium-low heat until edges are set .and tops are bubbly.
- Turn carefully with a spatula and cook until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and low carb syrup or top with sliced strawberries or peaches.
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com