Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
A lightened up spinach and artichoke dip thanks to greek yogurt and plenty of veggies.
Yields 6 1/4 cup servings; per serving: 232 calories, 15 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 52 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 16 g protein
Yield: 6 quarter cup servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon ea. salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl (or food processor) combine artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese, greek yogurt, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer dip to a lightly greased 8-inch glass square baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate and smooth the top with spoon. Sprinkle top with additional parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until heated through and the edges are brown. Serve with veggies, bread or pita chips.
Note: If you prefer a finer consistency, mix ingredients in a food processor
photo and recipe by Dana Shultz