Fresh Lime Salsa Picante
This fresh, homemade salsa makes a flavorful topping for grilled chicken or fish.
Per Serving: 28 Calories, 7g Carbohydrates, 1g Protein, 0g Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 8mg Sodium, 1.3g Fiber
Yield: Serves 5
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Clean and chop tomatoes.
- Add chopped onion, peppers, fresh lime juice, cilantro, and parsley.
- Stir and chill until serving time.
- Serve with baked chips or as a salsa with grilled chicken or fish.
Source: Sharon Palmer, RD