Easy Pumpkin Chili
Add fiber and seasonal flavor to your next bowl of chili with pumpkin.
Yield: 6, 1-cup servings
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz) diced, no-salt-added tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup brown rice, dry
- 1-1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Heat vegetable oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic and bell pepper for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes.