Crock Pot Beef and Black Eyed Peas
Ring in the new year with a hearty and lean stew.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz. canned black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 lb. lean stewing beef
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups no-salt added tomato sauce
Note: Prepare without the beef for a vegetarian recipe.
- Coat a 4 quart Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop vegetables per instructions.
- Add all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.