Cinnamon Bread Pudding
An easy dessert or brunch dish.
Per Serving: 180 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g sat fat, 6g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 112mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium
Yield: Serves 6
We used milk instead of heavy cream, but it’s still super-rich and satisfying at only 180 calories per serving!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 slices cinnamon swirl bread, cut in quarters
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg in a medium bowl until blended.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Put bread in pie plate and pour milk mixture over top. Let stand 10 minutes for bread to soak up some of the liquid.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until slightly puffed and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe and photo created by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com