Apple Raisin Farfel
A delicious and super-nutritious side dish, breakfast or even dessert
Yield: Serves 6
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 green apples, unpeeled, diced small
- 1 cup dark or golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Optional: only if you like it a little sweeter: sugar or honey to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound box Osem Whole Wheat Farfel
- Bring all but last ingredient to boil in a medium saucepan. 2. Reduce the flame to medium, and stir in the farfel.
- Cook covered about 5 minutes. If you like it thinner, thin with a little water or milk. Serve hot.