17-Day Diet Power Cookies
These Power Cookies were created by Dr. Mike Moreno for people on The 17 Day Diet. You can enjoy one of these cookies as breakfast or a snack in the Activate, Achieve, and Arrive Cycles.
Serving size is one cookie.
Calories: 128. Counts as 1 protein and 1 natural starch.
Yield: 18 cookies
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt 10 Packets of Truvia
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Agave Nectar
- ½ Cup Vanilla Whey Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups Oats
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Dried Cherries
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Sliced Almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together applesauce, almond paste, flaxseed oil, Truvia and agave nectar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and whey powder. Beat thoroughly. Stir in oats, cherries and almonds. Mix well.
- Drop the batter by large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Divide dough so that you have 18 cookies.
- Flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven.
- Cool and store in a plastic container.
Source: The 17 Day Diet