Pomegranate Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
A heart healthy chocolate bark with pomegranate arils and crunchy pistachios, perfect for Valentine's Day and special occasions year round.
Yield: 16 large pieces
- 10 ounces of quality dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao), chopped if in bar form
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup salted or unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler by placing a large bowl over a small sauce pan filled with 1 inch of water. The bowl should not be touching the water. Bring the water to between a low boil and simmer and then place the chocolate in the bowl. Let set until it begins to melt and then stir every couple minutes until it's fully melted.
- Immediately pour the chocolate onto a rimmed baking sheet and top with pomegranate arils and pistachios, making sure you sprinkle them on as evenly as possible.
- Transfer the bark to the freezer to chill for 5-10 minutes. Then remove, break into 16 roughly pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge until serving.
Recipe by Brandi Koskie Photos by Dana Shultz