These brownies are the perfect kosher Passover dessert
Yield: Serves 36
- 8 ounces best-quality dark chocolate, chopped, or 2 cups best-quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup margarine (try your best for a good natural brand)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Osem Matzah Cake Meal
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans (12 to 15 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine in a small saucepan over very low heat or in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a food processor or with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and mix.
- Add the flour and vanilla and mix, pulsing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 12-inch square pan (or any pan of a comparable size) and bake for 35 minutes until the top is barely firm. It will set completely with the residual heat sticking to the pan.
- Chill before cutting, so you can cut them neatly. Store refrigerated in a sealed container.