No Bake Chia Seed Bars
5 Ingredient Chia Seed Bars that taste just like a no bake cookie
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup natural salted peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (Gluten Free for GF eaters)
- 18-20 small-medium sized pitted dates (about 1 cup)
- Blitz dates in the food processor until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined and forms a dough, adding more peanut butter if it appears too dry or crumbly.
- Press into a parchment lined loaf pan until uniformly flat. Freeze for 15 minutes to let set and then remove and cut into 8 square-shaped bars.
- Store in an airtight container to keep fresh for up to a week or two. Keep in the freezer for longterm storage.
Recipe and photos by Dana Shultz