Featured Blog Posts
Italian Olive Burgers
Bold flavor from Lindsay Italian Seasoned Olives, basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
Per Serving: 356 Calories (133 from fat), 15g Fat, 6g Monounsaturated Fat, 68mg Cholesterol, 548mg Sodium, 27g Total Carbohydrates, 4g Dietary Fiber, 30g ProteinYield: Serves 4
- 1 cup Lindsay® Recloseables Italian Seasoned Olives, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef* or turkey 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons well drained finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger rolls, split, grilled or toasted if desired
- 4 romaine or Boston lettuce leaves
*Nutrition information based on beef burgers.
- Heat oiled grill to medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 cup of the olives (use olives without chopping so you can really see them), meat, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well. Shape to form four 1/2-inch thick patties. Grill on covered grill or in a ridged grill pan over medium heat 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olives, sun dried tomatoes and basil; mix well. Stir in cheese. Serve burgers in rolls topped with the relish and lettuce.
Used with permission by Lindsay Olives