Island Pineapple Chicken Panini
This tropical twist on the classic panini uses pineapple and teriyaki glaze.
- 2 slices (1/4-inch thick) fresh pineapple
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/3 cup bottled teriyaki glaze
- 4 oz. deli chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 slices Sargento® Natural Blends Deli Style Sliced Cheddar-Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Napa cabbage
Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cook Time: 6 minutes.
Preheat panini grill to high.
Arrange pineapple on bottom grill plate; close the top plate and grill until pineapple is tender and grill-marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Wipe grill plates clean.
Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with butter. Turn rolls over and brush with teriyaki glaze. On bottom halves, evenly layer with chicken, pineapple, cheese, onion and cabbage. Drizzle with the remaining teriyaki glaze. Cover with top halves and press gently.
Place sandwiches in grill; close top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: With permission from Chef Tiffany Collins for Sargento.