Featured Blog Posts
Hungry Girl's Eggs Bene-chick
Indulge in a healthier Eggs Benedict recipe by Lisa Lillien.
Per Serving: Calories: 180, Fat: 8.5g, Sodium: 690mg, Carbs: 17g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 3.5g, Protein: 13gYield: Serves 1
- 1/2 Thomas' Light Multi Grain English Muffin (or half of another light English muffin)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice lean ham
- 1 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Hellmann's/ Best Foods Dijonnaise
- 1 tsp. Brummel & Brown Spread (or another reduced calorie buttery spread); softened
- 1 tsp. lemon yogurt
- Prepare sauce by stirring to combine B&B spread, mayo, yogurt, and Dijonnaise; set aside.
- Crack egg gently into a small cup or dish.
- Fill a medium-sized pot with 2 inches of water, and bring water to a boil. Once boiling, lower temperature until a steady and consistent, but VERY low, boil is reached. Gently pour in the egg and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes (3 for a runnier egg, 5 for very firm), or until egg white is mostly opaque.
- Carefully remove egg by sliding a spatula underneath it and placing it on a plate. Use a paper towel to soak up any excess water.
- Toast muffin half and heat ham if desired.
- Heat sauce in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds and stir (add a little water if you prefer a thinner sauce).
- Top muffin with ham and egg, and then cover with sauce. Enjoy!
*Source: [Hungry Girl]
: http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/Hungry_Girl/ "hungry girl"*