Grilled Prawn Salad with Tomatoes and Avocado Aioli
A delicious light lunch, especially in the summer months.
Yield: Serves 2
Prawns are similar to shrimp but are a bit larger in size. If you can’t ﬁnd prawns at your local grocery store or ﬁsh market, you can use fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp. This salad provides plenty of potassium, folate, and heart-healthy fats. It makes for a delicious light lunch, especially in the summer months.
- 8 large fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 slices (2 ounces) lean turkey bacon
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons Avocado Aioli (below)
Season the prawns with the oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Heat a grill or nonstick skillet to medium high. Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Grill or sauté the prawns for about 1 minute on each side, until pink. Drain on a paper towel until cool enough to handle and cut in half lengthwise.
Layer the greens with the prawns, bacon, and sliced tomatoes. Top each salad with a 2-tablespoon dollop of Avocado Aioli.
Source: Biggest Loser 6-Weeks to a Healthier You