Featured Blog Posts
|Vitamin A:||750.9iu (15%)|
|Vitamin C:||19.4mg (32%)|
Eggplant parmesan is a favorite dish. This dish saves 380 calories, 30 g fat and 800 mg sodium compared to a more traditional recipe.
1 medium eggplant
1 Tbsp olive oil
26 ounces low-sodiumpasta sauce
4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
2. Cut the eggplant lengthwise in 1/2-inch strips.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the eggplant strips in the olive oil until they are golden on each side, about 2 minutes each.
4. Layer the eggplant and the pasta sauce in a shallow 10-inch square baking pan.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake until bubbly and tender, about 45 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and serve with pasta and a tossed salad.