Curried Chicken and Grape Salad
Fat-free yogurt replaces a good portion of the mayo, making a healthier version of this popular recipe.
Chicken salad is usually loaded with mayo and therefore loaded with fat. In this recipe, fat-free yogurt replaces a good portion of the mayo. Grapes add a sweetness that pairs beautifully with the curry.
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder, preferably Madras
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz roasted skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- ¾ cup seedless grapes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds
- Garnish: Lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, stir the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, curry powder and salt until blended.
Add the chicken, grapes, celery, cilantro and onion and toss to mix and coat.
Line individual plates or a serving platter with lettuce if desired. Spoon chicken salad on top and sprinkle with almonds.
Recipe and photo created by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com