Crusty Chicken Pot Pie
This bubbly pot pie is made from scratch and oh-so good for you with with 6 grams of fiber per serving.
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) reduced fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups cooked diced (skinless) chicken breast
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 tsp. chicken granules
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. oat bran
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbs. light margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate or other baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients and pour prepared baking dish.
- Set aside
- To make the crust, combine the flour, oat bran and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse meal
- Stir in the buttermilk and combine until the dough is stiff and pulls away from the bowl
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface
- Pat or roll dough to about the same width of the baking dish. Cut dough into thin strips and make a lattice pattern on top of the chicken mixture
- Bake -30 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is lightly browned
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it rest 5 minutes before serving
Recipe reviewed and nutritional analysis completed by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com