Featured Blog Posts
Coconut Scented Golden Beet, Parsnip, Turnip and Pear Smash
A vegan mash that has an explosion of flavor thanks to beets, parsnips and pears.Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6 small golden beets, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large parsnip (about 1 lb.) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large turnip (about 1/2 lb.) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 red anjou pear, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl toss the beets, parsnip, and turnip with 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Spread out on a large baking sheet and roast at 425 for 35 minutes until tender. Stirring every 10 minutes.
- In the last 20 minutes of cooking place the pear cut side down on the baking sheet. Remove from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash all ingredients with 1 tbsp coconut oil. The consistency should be chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
by Abra Pappa for Nutritious America