Featured Blog Posts
Chocolate-Glazed Soft Pretzel Bites
A decadent treat that's warm and gooey, with just the right amount of chocolate and sea salt.
Per serving (4 pretzels): 144 calories, 4 g protein, 28 g carbohydrates (4 g sugar), 2 g fat, trace saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 127 sodiumYield: Makes 4 - 4-piece servings (16 total pieces)
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 8 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (no more than 3 grams of fat per 2-ounce serving), fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add enough water to a large soup pot so it’s one-quarter full. Add the baking soda. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Using a sharp knife or pastry cutter, cut the dough into 2 equal portions. Remove one of the portions to a cutting board. Roll the dough into a 20"-long rope. Cut the rope into 8 equal pieces. Repeat the process with the remaining dough, leaving you with 16 dough pieces.
- Add the pieces to the water in a single layer, working in batches if necessary, and boil them for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they float. Using a slotted spoon to drain off any excess water, remove the boiled dough pieces to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, so they do not touch.
- Bake the pretzels for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let them cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then spread 1/4 teaspoon fudge sauce over the top of each pretzel bite. Sprinkle each with a few crystals of salt, or to taste.
- Arrange them on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Recipe used with permission from Chef Devin Alexander, from the Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook. Image credit Mitch Mandel