Featured Blog Posts
Chicken Taco Soup
A big robust soup featuring your favorite Mexican ingredients like black beans, chicken, corn, and green chilis.Yield: Serves 12
- 1 lb. cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Mexican rotel
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, low-sodium
- 1 small can of diced green chilis
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. coriander
- 12 oz. Mexican-style beer
After opening the cans, chopping, and doing any other prep work, place all ingredients in a slow cooker or Crock Pot.
Add the spices and pour in the beer.
Stir until well combined.
Cook on medium for 1-6 hours.
Serve with any desired toppings like sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, guacamole, cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips, or olives. (Toppings not accounted for in nutrition label.)
Photo by Kacy Meinecke