Featured Blog Posts
Cheesy Polenta Casserole
Refresh the way you look at your next meatless dinner.
Per Serving: 321 calories, 8g fat, 4g sat fat, 24g protein, 36g carbohydrates, 6.5g fiber, 20mg cholesterol, 739mg sodiumYield: Serves 6
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated prepared polenta, original flavor
- 1 24-ounce jar reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 cup TVP (Texturized Vegetable Protein)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove polenta from packaging and cut it into 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices onto the bottom of a 9x9-inch casserole dish.
- In a medium, heat-proof bowl, rehydrate TVP with water according to package directions. Mix TVP with marinara sauce and spread half of it over polenta slices in casserole dish. Top with half of the chopped basil and half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Make another layer with remaining polenta, marinara, and cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheeses are browned. Remove casserole from oven and top with fresh basil.
Source: The Soy Food Council