We've "pimped" this recipe to make a healthier homemade caramel using coconut sugar.Yield: 6-8 caramel apples
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 6-8 apples
- Remove the stem from each apple and place a craft stick into the top. In a large pot on medium heat combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stir for 4-5 minutes until dark and thick.
- Remove from heat
- Carefully (the caramel concoction will be extremely hot) swirl the apples into the caramel sauce. If the sauce is too thick allow to cool slightly and spread caramel on apples.
- Roll apples in toppings of your choice, chopped nuts, coconut, chocolate, etc.
Source: Abra Pappa/NutritiousAmerica.com