Featured Blog Posts
Caprese Grilled Cheese
Classic Caprese flavors grilled together on hearty whole grain bread.Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 thick slices whole grain bread
- 2-3 slices roma tomato
- 4 sprigs basil
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- olive oil for brushing
- optional: balsamic vinegar for serving
- Heat an electric skillet to 350 degrees F, or warm a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Put your two pieces of bread together and lightly brush only the outer layers with olive oil.
- Then, place the brushed sides down and layer your mozzarella, tomato and basil on opposite sides of the bread (see picture).
- Close the sandwich and place on the grill. To meld flavors together and speed grill time, top with a piece of foil and heavy plate or bowl - this will create a panini effect and make the sandwich crispier.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides, checking around the 2 minute mark to ensure it's not burning.
- Cut in half and serve with a dish of balsamic vinegar.
Recipe by Brandi Koskie | Photos by Dana Shultz