California Raisin Rice and Broccoli Salad
This meal is healthy for your body and your budget.
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup California raisins
In a medium saucepan, heat broccoli and 1/4 cup water to boil and steam for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
Measure mayonnaise into a large serving bowl. Slowly add buttermilk, whisking until smooth. Whisk in vinegar, sugar, celery seed, pepper and salt. Stir in rice, broccoli, onion and raisins, until well coated with dressing.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Source: California Raisins