Featured Blog Posts
Black Eyed Pea Hummus
A creamy, bright hummus made with black eyed peas - perfect for New Year's Eve celebrations.
per quarter cup serving: 193 calories, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 23 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrates, 12 g fiber, 1 g sugar and 11.5 g proteinYield: 10 quarter cup servings
- 1 15.5 ounce can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- juice and zest of one lemon
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- veggies and pita chips for serving
- Add black eyed peas, tahini, garlic, parsley, paprika, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and whirl to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until creamy. Then add in water to desired consistency, remembering it will thicken in the refrigerator.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve in small dishes alongside veggies and pita chips and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of paprika and a few black eyed peas.
photo and recipe by Dana Shultz