Biggest Loser White House Salad
A simple and fresh salad prepared with vegetables grown in the First Family's garden.Yield: Serves 4
- 1 head of fresh lettuce, wash, dry and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumber peeled, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 fresh in-season tomatoes, wash and cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ red onion, peel and cut as thinly as possible
- 1 bunch fresh basil, wash and chop into big pieces
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in large mixing bowl.
- In sealable container, combine oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper. Cover container and shake vigorously.
- Add dressing to salad and serve immediately.
Source: Biggest Loser