Featured Blog Posts
Beet and Apple Salad
Because cooked beets are sweet, it’s great to pair them with tart Granny Smith apples, salty and pungent goat cheese, and nutty, crunchy pistachios in this low-cal salad.
Nutrients per serving: 156 Calories, 7 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 7 milligrams cholesterol, 19 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams protein, 4 grams fiber, 299 milligrams sodiumYield: 4 servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beets (not pickled)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
Combine the beets, apple, and sherry vinegar in a large bowl and toss.
Fold in the goat cheese and pistachios. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Source: Robin Takes 5 by Robin Miller, Andrews McMeel Publishing