|Vitamin A:||310iu (6%)|
|Vitamin C:||12.1mg (20%)|
- 1 lb ziti, uncooked
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 26 ounces low-sodium pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Have a large baking dish ready.
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Drain in colander and rinse lightly.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the sauce. Bring sauce to a boil; then add the cooked pasta.
- Place the ziti mixture in a large baking pan. Top with cheese and oregano. Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe edited by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.comTotal Preparation & Cooking Time: 55 min. (10 Prep, 45 Cook)