Featured Blog Posts
Baby Spinach and Orange Salad
The perfect light side dish to a healthy meal.
|Vitamin A:||2199iu (43%)|
|Vitamin C:||45mg (75%)|
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peel and white pith removed and cut into segments 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- black pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- To assemble the salad, put the spinach, oranges, cucumber, onion and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Cover and refrigerate, up to 12 hours, before serving if necessary.
- At serve time, toss gently to combine. Allow everyone to top their own salad with black pepper and balsamic vinegar.