Enjoy your chicken and veggies in one take with this dish.
Per Serving: 186 calories, 8.5 g fat, 21 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 60 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium (without additional salt)
Yield: Serves 3
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 (4-oz) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillett
- Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes; remove.
- Add asparagus and 1/4 cup water
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Mix chicken broth with 2 tsp. cornstarch until smooth
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute or until asparagus is almost tender
- Reduce heat and return chicken to skillet
- Heat and serve