Asian Turnip and Turnip Greens Stir-Fry
An unusual and delicious way to enjoy this fall veggie.
Tip: Add shrimp or strips of chicken breast to make it heartier main dish.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 4 medium white turnips, (1 lb), peeled, halved, sliced ¼-in. thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups turnip greens, cut in 1-in. wide strips (4 oz)
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add turnips, cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 7 to 9 minutes, or until turnips are golden and almost tender.
Stir in garlic and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
Add greens and sprinkle with 3 Tbsp water. Cover,and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until turnips and greens are tender.
Drizzle with soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe and photo by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com