Featured Blog Posts
Asian Inspired Cold Noodle Salad
Dr. Mike Fenster of The Grassroots Gourmet created this dish after enjoying cold soba dishes during his travels in Japan.
380 Calories per serving; 4g Total Fat; 72g Total CarbohydrateYield: 4 servings
- 1 package of soba noodles (I especially like the Roland organic soba)
- 2 cups of stock (You can use seafood, fish or chicken stock. The stock adds a layer of flavor to the cooled noodles, but you can use water as well to cook them)
- 2 Thinly sliced cucumber
- 7 oz Tofu (extra firm) cut into ¼ inch cubes
- Several slices of Daikon (Japanese radish)
- Toasted Nori seaweed strips (optional)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Ponzu Sauce (you can use Soy Sauce instead)
- 2 Tbs Mirin (you can substitute a white wine in a pinch)
- Heat the stock to boiling in a medium saucepan.
- Add the noodles and cook until slightly al dente, just like pasta.
- Drain and cool the noodles.
- Mix the dressing together and combine with the other ingredients. Top with seaweed and red pepper flakes if desired.
Featured in The Grassroots Gourmet: Eating Well, Living Better by Dr. Mike Fenster. Copyright of Dr. Mike Fenster. Photo by Jennifer Fenster.