A simple artichoke soup recipe.
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped chives
- Cook artichoke hearts in a saucepan as package directs; drain
- Place the artichoke hearts in a blender or food processor; add half of the chicken broth and puree until smooth
- Return artichoke mixture to saucepan. Add remaining broth, the garlic, thyme and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer; simmer 1 minute
- Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
Recipe edited by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com