Featured Blog Posts
Ada Wong's 7 Layer Dip
This Biggest Loser finalist puts a healthy twist on this party appetizer.
Per Serving: Per Serving: 142 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 12 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 40 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodiumYield: Serves 12
- 1 ¼ lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 ½ cups pico de gallo
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- Cook ground turkey in a large nonstick skillet until browned. Remove.
- On a large platter, make the bottom layer ground turkey, then add each following ingredient as its own layer. Add ingredients in their order as listed above with cheese and scallions on top.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetable sticks.
Used with permission from Ada Wong. Photo and nutritional analysis by Terry Greico Kenny.