Low Carb Maple Syrup
Buttery and delicious without all the carbs.
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick)unsalted butter
- 1 packet (about 1 Tbsp) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2. tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 6 packets artificial sweetener
- Bring water and butter to a boil in a small saucepan
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved
- Remove from heat
- Add extracts and sweetener
- Let cool until slightly thickened
NOTE: If chilled syrup becomes too thick, heat in microwave for a few seconds.
Recipe edited by Terry Grieco Kenny for DietsInReview.com