Featured Blog Posts
Baja Chicken Salad
Served to the 2008 U.S. Olympics team by Chef Jacque Hamilton
Nutrition Facts: 515 Calories, 13g Fat, 160.5mg Cholesterol, 871.2mg Sodium, 55.1g Carbs, 3.8g Fiber, 18.9g Sugar, 43.1g ProteinYield: Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 2 eggs (combined with 4 Tbs. water)
- 6 4-oz.Â chicken breasts
- 6 Tbs. flour
- Canola cooking spray
- 6 oz. fat-free ranch dressing
- 3 oz. mango chutney
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 cups romaine (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 6 cups watercress
- 2 Tbs. golden raisins
- 2 Tbs. walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine panko, Â¼ the amount of curry powder and Â½ the amount of ginger with all of the salt, cumin, red pepper and allspice. Coat chicken with flour.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in the panko. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the curry powder, ginger, ranch dressing, chutney, water and oil in food processor; process until smooth.
- Spray baking pan, and lightly coat chicken with cooking spray on both sides.
- Bake chicken for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and temperature reaches 165 degrees. Slice into Â½-inch slices and set aside.
- Cut each apple into 15 wedges and toss with lemon juice. Combine romaine and watercress and place 2 cups on each salad plate.
- Top with 5 apple slices, 4 oz. of chicken, 1 tsp. of raisins, 1 tsp. walnuts. Sprinkle with black pepper and drizzle 3 Tbs. dressing over each serving.