Why Are You Weighting
An inside look at the emotional habits that keep us from losing weight.
Why Are You Weighting is a weight loss book written by Stacey Grieve. This book highlights the fact that it’s not certain foods that are making you fat, but your emotional behavior. Why Are You Weighting deals with the emotional aspect of overeating to get to the root of your problem. By changing those destructive habits and learning about the attitudes that have kept you overweight, you can overcome and start losing weight for good.
The author calls herself the baggage handler, and through her book and her web site she helps you handle the baggage that has kept you on the constant diet loop. Overall, Why Are You Weighting appears to work on the different things that are at the core of our inability to lose weight and keep it off. It actually appears to work alongside the diet plan of your choice and doesn’t provide strict recommendations of a certain diet that you should follow.
- Overcome emotional barriers to weight loss
- Addresses improving self-esteem
- Change destructive habits
- Learn skills to keep weight off
- Use with diet program of your choice
- No customer testimonials or success stories
- Very little information available without purchasing the book
- Emphasis seems to be only on eating; no exercise mentioned
Why Are You Weighting focuses on getting to know yourself and figuring out what is causing you to overeat. The book helps uncover bad habits and other emotional triggers that hinder you from losing weight or that keep the weight coming back after you have lost it. Once these things are revealed, you can begin working through a diet that will finally bring you success and allow you to lose weight and keep it off permanently.
There are a number of diets out there that will bring good results when it comes to losing weight a safe and healthy pace. An advantage of this book is that you can find a diet that works for you and use that. Whatever diet you choose, it will require a reduction in the calories you consume so that your body can burn off more fat. One great option might be a low calorie diet. With a low calorie diet, a typical day of eating might include:
- Breakfast: two scrambled eggs with fresh spinach, 2 strips of turkey bacon and 8 ounces of skim milk
- Snack: 2 cups light microwave popcorn
- Lunch: 4 ounces low fat turkey breast, 1 slice low fat Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and Dijon mustard on whole wheat bread, fruit salad, low fat yogurt
- Snack: celery and carrot sticks with 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- Dinner: 4 ounce s baked salmon fillet with fresh herbs, fresh steamed green beans, small baked potato with 1 tbsp. light butter
- Snack: ½ cup low fat pudding
Exercise doesn’t seem to be a primary focus with Why Are You Weighting. The book focuses mainly on the emotional aspect of eating. It can be said that when you have started your diet program after uncovering and dealing with your emotional eating habits, that the natural progression is to find a diet and exercise plan that works for you. There are many ways to incorporate more activity into your daily routine. Whether you choose a DVD or decide to join a gym, getting into shape doesn’t have to be looked at as a chore.
Some of the following activities can easily be slowly implemented into your life and you can increase those as you become stronger. Some of the easier activities to incorporate are:
- Walking: 30 minutes per day
- Jumping jacks: do these during the commercial breaks of your favorite TV shows
- Bike Riding: 30 minutes per day with family or on your own
Why Are You Weighting is a book that focuses on the internal problems you’re having with losing weight. Many people go on countless diets and have some success, but because they never address the emotional factors, find themselves putting the weight back on, plus some extra. This book seems to go to the root of the problem first, so that you can lose weight for the last time and keep it off.Common Misspellings
why are you waiting, why you waiting, why are you wieghting