The Yoga Body Diet
Slim and Sexy in four weeks without any stressTop Rated Diets of 2017
The Yoga Body Diet is a four-week plan that follows the principles of Ayurveda and yoga so that you can develop a slimmer you.
Ayurveda is the oldest form of healing and medicine that was developed in India thousands of years ago. Today, it is enjoying a resurgence in part due to the growth of yoga in the Western community as well as the growing interest in incorporating more natural and intuitive means to heal the body and improve health.
The Yoga Body Diet incorporates the key principles of Ayurveda as well as the benefits of yoga to help you de-stress your life, balance your system and get the yoga body you've always wanted.
Some of the highlights of the The Yoga Body Diet include the following:
- A four-week weight loss plan that gives you a long and lean yoga body without all the work (no yoga experience necessary!)
- Tailored weight-loss workouts
- Personalized shopping lists
- Dozens of delicious recipes
- At-home stretches that sculpt and define your muscles
The guide was created by Kristen Schultz Dollard, the digital director of Self magazine, and Dr. John Douillard, the director of LifeSpa, an Ayurvedic rejuvenation and detox center in Boulder, Colorado.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2017?
- No yoga experience is necessary
- Not a one-size-fits-all approach to eating and wellness
- Guaranteed weight loss, if principles are followed
- Steeped in ancient tradition
- Encourages mindful eating, mindful action and mindful behaviors
- Establishes long-term healthy behaviors
- Addresses dysfunctional relationships to food and weight loss from the inside out
- Doesn't focus on calorie-counting or monitoring carb grams, but rather using your own body as your gauge for healthy eating
- Includes vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals
- Some may be resistant that yoga can lead to weight loss
The Yoga Body Diet centers around using the Ayurvedic doshas or essences, to create a tailored eating plan for you. Don't worry if you have no idea what a dosha is; The Yoga Body Diet gives a descriptive overview of the three doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha, as well as self-evaluations to help you determine what your primary dosha is.
From there, you will follow a four-week eating plan designed to complement the qualities of your dosha and bring harmony into the imbalances that your lifestyle may be creating for your body. Shopping lists, sample menus, Super Foods, and eating guidelines are all provided for each dosha.
The recipes focus on eating whole and clean foods, and choosing organic when possible. You do not have to be a vegetarian to follow the eating plan outlined in the book.
In addition to the recipes, there are a few hallmark eating and nutrition principles that you are recommended to follow. They are:
- Eat seasonally and locally when possible.
- Eat in a calm environment.
- Eat three real meals every day; don't graze.
- Give your body at least 12 hours to fast from evening to morning.
- Avoid eating leftovers.
- Limit coffee to just one cup per day or eliminate completely.
- Eat until you are satisfied.
- Take a short walk after dinner.
- Sip warm or hot water with each meal; avoid ice-cold drinks during or after your meal.
- Do a cleanse twice a year.
All of the recipes include specific variations for the three doshas. Here are some sample dishes from The Yoga Body Diet:
- Dosha burgers like Tuna Burgers with Carrot Slaw, Chickpea burgers with Cool Cucumber Salad, and Black Bean Burgers with Green Bean Salad
- Roti Pizza
- Fruit Crisp
- Herbed Risotto
- Citrus Waffles
- Fruit Muffins like Lemon-Fig, Cherry and Cranberry-Lime
- Hazelnut-Crusted Tilapia
- Tea-Poached Chicken with Vegetables
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Grilled Fruit
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats and Coconut
Recipes provide serving size information but not the corresponding nutrition information.EXERCISE
Created for the novice to the experienced yoga practitioner, The Yoga Body Diet exercise program centers around doing yoga to boost metabolism, tone muscles, relax and energize the body.
A yoga workout is created for each dosha, including a list of the 20 perfect postures for each specific dosha. These sessions, which can last for 30 to 90 minutes can be done at home and require only a yoga mat and a quiet place to practice. As you move throughout the four weeks of The Yoga Body Diet book, you are encouraged to deepen your yoga practice. Taking classes, finding a suitable yoga style for you and establishing a meditation practice are encouraged.
For each dosha type, three yoga workouts should be done each week. Guidelines and instructions are provided for each of the yoga workouts. As you continue on with the program, you are encouraged to deepen your yoga practice by exploring other kinds of yoga, purchasing yoga DVDs to do at home, taking a yoga retreat, having a daily meditation practice and upping the frequency of how often you practice yoga.CONCLUSION
The Yoga Body Diet shows you exactly how to eat well, shop wisely and stretch yourself slim. With a focus on Ayurveda and yoga, this four-week program can be extended into a lifelong plan for optimal health and wellness that incorporates nutrition, exercise, stress-reduction and breathing strategies to encourage you to live your life according to the principles of harmony and balance.Common Misspellings
yoga body, yoga diet, the yuga body diet, the yoga bod diet, the yoga body deit, yoga body deitHow Does The Yoga Body Diet Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Yoga Body Diet?