The Earthbound Cook
Recipes that are earth-friendly and waist-friendly.Top Rated Diets of 2017
The Earthbound Cook by Myra Goodman contains 250 recipes for delicious food and a healthy planet. This cookbook features recipes that will not only lead to healthier eating, but also those that are environmentally friendly.
Goodman writes with a special level of expertise on this subject because she is the co-owner of Earthbound Farm, the largest producer of organic produce in the country. Along with the 250 recipes is information that any novice or experienced chef need to make greener and healthier choices. From learning how to make a scrumptious salad from local field greens to showing you how to shop for the best and most seasonal produce in your region, The Earthbound Cook is a kitchen staple for any healthy-minded cook.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2017?
- Contains 250 recipes that are planet-friendly
- Written by an organic expert
- Offers tips for how to make environmentally-sound cooking choices
- Answers questions you may have about environmentally conscious cooking
- Contains plenty of colorful illustrations
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian-friendly
- Shows you how to take a few healthy ingredients and transform them into a delicious meal
- Promotes the idea of eating local and seasonal
- Promotes cooking at home
- Since many of the recipes promote using seasonal ingredients, some of the recipes can only be made during certain times of the year
- While many of the ingredients are high quality, they may also be more expensive than what many families are used to purchasing
- Recipes don't include their nutrition information
The Earthbound Cook supplies you with hundreds of recipes that are delicious, and free of hormones and pesticides. This book teaches you how to cook food in the best possible way for both your family and the planet.
With a bit of everything for everyone, The Earthbound Cook contains meat and meat-free recipes as well as those that are vegan and raw. From sides to homemade bread and from main courses to desserts, this green cookbook provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to select the best ingredients and how to combine them to make a sumptuous meal.
Chapters are divided according to the type of food like soups, fish, bread, desserts, breakfast and vegetable and grain dishes. Within each chapter is not only recipes, but also lots of information on the importance of choosing and eating the sustainable ingredients that are used in the recipes. Examples like choosing wild salmon over farm-raised, buying organic apples over conventional apples, the importance of composting and reducing packaging waster arm you with important and up-to-date knowledge about the current state of our food industry.
Some of the recipes included with this cookbook are:
- Pork chile verde
- Beef tenderloin with brandy mushroom sauce
- Chicken puttanesca
- Carrot risotto
- Roasted cauliflower tart
- Rigatoni with eggplant and buffalo mozzarella
- Duck with quince and apples
- Saigon caramel chicken
- Chopped autumn salad
- Black cod with summer succotash
- Baked Mediterranean shrimp
- Kalamata olive bread
- Whole wheat cinnamon raisin swirl
There is no information on exercise.CONCLUSION
Using the right ingredients when you’re cooking can lead to a healthier meal and overall better health in general. The Earthbound Cook takes it a step further and gives you recipes and cooking techniques that will also lead to a healthier environment.
And don't let theThe Earthbound Cook fool you: You don't have to be a vegetarian, vegan or raw foodie to delight in many of the recipes this cookbook has to offer. The only dietary restrictions this book requires is that you must want to eat in a way that is more mindful of your health, your palate and the health of the planet.Common Misspellings
the earthlybound cook, the earth-bound cook, the environment bound cookHow Does The Earthbound Cook Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
The Earthbound Cook?