Enjoy tasty recipes without adding calories to your diet.
Pretty Delicious is a cookbook featuring lean and lovely recipes for a healthy, happy new you. This cookbook was written by Candice Kumai and will be released in February. This cookbook offers several mouth watering recipes that you can eat without feeling guilty. Kumai is a former model and current chef. She knows all about creating foods that offer taste, but won’t add pounds to your waistline. Instead of eating what is classified as diet food, Pretty Delicious shows you how to make some smart substitutions that will keep the flavor in your food. These recipes can be used for everyday meals or entertaining friends. There are also some tips included on how to be frugal and still eat healthy. The book starts off with seven slimming ways to stretch food and save calories and cash. Those seven slimming ways are:
- Make your own dressings, marinades and sauces: This helps you keep bad ingredients out and control everything that goes in.
- Boost ground meat with veggies: This adds vitamins while allowing you to feed more people for the same price. This also allows you to stretch the amount of meat you have.
- Re-think your plate: Fill half of your plate with seasonal vegetables, one quarter with lean protein and the other quarter with whole grains.
- Don’t let leftovers go to waste: Find ways to use leftover chicken, beef, vegetables and rice instead of throwing those items away.
- Go ovo-board for dinner: Eat eggs for dinner as a great way to work your protein in. They are also inexpensive.
- You can afford fish: Use canned versions of fish if fresh fish is not in your price range.
- It’s a breeze when you freeze: Freeze leftovers right away after dinner and package them in single servings for easy thawing when they are needed.
- Encourages eating fresh foods
- Advises people to eat a combo of fresh vegetables, lean protein and whole grains
- Offers tips of things you can swap out to eliminate calories and fat but amplify flavor
- Encourages cooking more
- Book includes several different sets of tips that will help with healthy eating
- Recipes are for delicious and healthy foods
- Discourages packaged and processed foods
- Targeted specifically at women
This cookbook offers much more than recipes. In order to eat healthy, Pretty Delicious offers a lot of knowledge so that you can lose weight and lead a healthy life overall. The main highlight of this book is on the ingredients that you use for the recipes. It is important to stop eating processed and packaged foods and start using fresh ingredients. The suggested ratio for foods on your plate is half seasonal vegetables, one quarter lean protein and one quarter whole grains. In addition to the rules listed above, there are three rules to cook by and tips for staying slim and rich. Some of the delicious recipes you will see in this cookbook include:
- Raspberry –oat muffins
- Toasted-almond sticky buns
- Green with envy eggs and ham
- Pumpkin pie pancakes with apple butter
- Berry creamy oatmeal
- Fish tacos
- Guilt-free BLT
- Pan-seared scallops
- Almond pesto fettuccine
- Lightened up veggie lasagna
- Grilled white pizza with mushrooms, artichokes and parmesan
Although there is no formal exercise plan with this cookbook, you are encouraged to get some physical activity in your everyday routine. Get moving is one of the tips included in the tips for staying slim and rich. Kumai talks about some of the things she does to get moving for at least 30 minutes each day. Some of the things she mentions include:
- Walk with a girlfriend
- Go to the dog park
- Do an aerobics video with a friend
- Mow the lawn
- Shooting hoops
- Go for a swim
All cookbooks offer recipes, but most of them don’t offer other helpful information that you can use to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Pretty Delicious offers everything you need to cook healthy meals and gives you tips to help save some money while doing it. You don’t have to sacrifice flavor to eat healthy. Pretty Delicious is filled with recipes and helpful tips that will allow you to cook for two people or entertain for a large group. This type of cookbook is one that can benefit anyone who likes to cook.Common Misspellings
petty delicious, petti delicious, pretty dleicious, pretty deliciouses, pretty delicius