Healthy Meals Delivered to Busy New Yorkers
NO LONGER AVAILABLE; DECEMBER 2013
NRGmeals is a meal delivery service that offers two diet plans to customers in the New York City area. The first is NRGmeal slim, which is low-carb and designed for healthy weight-loss. The second in NRGmeals Pro, which is low-fat designed to help busy people to eat healthier and maintain a healthy weight.
NRGmeals offers a seven-day trial to first-time customers and a 31 day plan. If you go out of town, you can postpone your meals and have them delivered at a future date.
- Convenient pre-packaged foods are delivered to your home
- Foods are prepared fresh before delivery
- Reasonably priced, particularly for New York City
- Healthy, balanced meals
- You can have your choose meals to meet your dietary needs, restrictions and preferences
- You will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate
- Only available in the New York City area
- May be difficult to transition to a healthy diet after ending a NRGmeals plan
- Does not include exercise plan
- Few fresh (uncooked) fruits and vegetables were included in the week-long sample provided for review
- None of the foods are locally or organically sourced
NRGmeals will provide you with a complete meal plan that requires no cooking. All the meals come pre-cooked and only require microwaving, with condiments included. Each meal is labeled with its caloric content along with the proportion of carbs, fats and protein. They are also labeled with a recommended microwave time, however the times needed to re-heat food can vary greatly from this amount.
Although you can not request individual dishes to be prepared without specific ingredients, there are over 50 menu items to choose from. Your daily caloric intake will be determined by the meals you pick, and will be tailored to your needs and weight-loss goals. The meals are generally quite filling, but you may wish to add a little of your own seasoning.
On the NRG Slim plan, you will eat about 30 percent carbohydrates, 50 protein and 20 percent fat. On the NRG Pro plan, you will eat 40 percent carbohydrates, 40 percent protein and 20 percent fats.EXERCISE
NRGmeals does not offer guidelines for exercise.CONCLUSION
NRGmeals offers busy New Yorkers a good option for dieting. It may be hard to forgo your favorite greasy take-out place, but you will eat a more healthy diet with NRGmeals. The major drawback to this diet is that it does not include any physical activity guidelines. If you don't add additional foods to your NRGmeals, you will lose weight at a healthy and reasonable pace, of about two to three pounds per week.Common Misspellings
nrg meals, energy meals, grn meals, rng meals, nrgmeals, nrg meal